CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Penguins here I come...!

January 5th is the day I leave to go to the end of the world...Antarctica! My j-term trip this year is to Argentina, Patagonia, and Antarctica to study Environmental Literature. Yeah I know, and English class that goes to Antarctica? Does that really count for credit? Well let me tell you, I have read quite a few books, parts of books, and articles regarding Antarctic explorers such as Shackleton, travelers in Patagonia, and of course Eva Peron! With the recent cold snap in the Northwest, I am questioning why I would I pay to go to a freezing place? I am trying to ignore this fact and am focusing on tango, Mt. Fitzroy, albatross, whales, and penguins! Anyway with my trip to portland this weekend I will be stocking up on socks, under armor, and many other warm layers :) So because finals are done I now hope to pick up the basic travelers spanish so that I am not an ignorant American...but we'll see how much I can learn and retain :)


Adios Amigos!

0 comments: